What to visit

You are here: Home  > What to visit

Showing 48 from 48 Items
  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Hermida Country Manor

    Hermida country manor is historical heritage with the monument category. It is one of the most representative places of Dodro. It had its origin in the XII century.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Botanic garden

    In this corner full of magic, true natural gems are hiding and waiting to be discovered. These are the same that were enjoyed by our most beloved and popular writer, Rosalia de Castro, where she wrote numerous verses under the shade of a sequoia that bears her name. A Space that is considered as one of the oldest gardens in Spain, it is part of the Artistic Heritage, obtaining a major role of the abundance of the leisure and recreational life found in the Lands of Iria.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Brañas of Laíño

    Brañas of Laíño are one of the biggest wetlands of Galicia and they lodge an environmental wealth of first order, protected by Red Natura 2000.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Recreational Area of Mount Saint Gregorio

    A lovely setting for an afternoon entertaining as possible with family and friends, with tables, barbecues, fountains, playground …. The area is located Santiaguiño the Hermitage, which is unknown date of construction, but in the fifteenth century propels Rodrigo de Luna reconstruction.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Seira River Beach

    With the freshness that these natural landscapes possess, the feeling of being surrounded by trees, the clarity of the water and the silence, makes this place a must see in Rois town hall´s boundarie.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Riverwalk

    Under this grove every Sunday of the year, since the Middle Ages, a typical market is celebrated, that sells any kind of goods that a visitors can imagine.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Cruceiro do Campo

    Dated to 1352, is the oldest stone cross in the municipality of Rois.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Carmen Fountain

    It was built by Pedro de la Barcena in 1577. It consists of three figures, in the inferior is the Virgin of Sorrows, patroness of women in labor. IIn the top, we can see the portrayal of the baptism of Queen Lupa by James the Apostol.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Santiago Bridge

    Bridge built in 1852, which replaced one that was destroyed by a river flood.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Manor- Bishop of Quito´s Palace

    Built in 1666, this Renaissance building made by Melchor Velasco Aguero, was owned by Alonso de la Peña and Montenegro, whom was Bishop and rector of the University of Santiago de Compostela and captain general in Quito.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Roman Bridge

    Built between the years 25 B.D. and the first century A.D. being the emperor of Rome Octavian Augustus. Important communication channel, the most important reform since its construction was done by Master Mateo in the year 1161, author of the Portico de la Gloria.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Antequeira Manor

    The current building was ordered to be built by Vicente F. Calderon, the second Count of St. Xoán and Viscount of St. Vincent. In the right of the main facade is the chapel.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Museum Rosalía de Castro

    Since its opening to the public, the Rosalia de Castro Museum became a symbolic reference of Galician culture because it is the house that keeps the memory of the writer who is considered as the national Galicia writer.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Angueira de Castro Manor

    Manor in Rois,surrounded by grapevines and vines with gargoyles in two of the four corners.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Camilo José Cela Fundation

    The famous writer Camilo José Cela, chose the land that he saw grow to create his greatest wish, the headquarters of his foundation, which would house all his work, his manuscripts, private collections, and his own life.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    San Lourenzo Church of Seira

    Seira is the oldest parish in Rois´ municipality limits , it hasn’t been many years since a sarcophagus cover understood to be dated between the VI and VII century was found in its atrium.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Church of San Mamede de Rois

    The façade is unique because it is the only church in the municipality which tower bell commences from the ground and ends about 2 meters separated from the wall thus creating a porch.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    El Pedrón

    According to the Jacobean tradition, El Pedrón is where the boat was moored that transported the remains of St. James from Palestine.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Church of Santa Marina of Ribasar

    El retablo grande es de mediados del S. XVIII y algunas de sus imágenes pueden proceder del taller del escultor José Ferreiro.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Church of St. Mary of Oin

    It has three altars, its modern chancel ,is two neoclassical style alters,that belong to the Our lady of Sorrows located in the chapel of Saint Anthony (San Antonio).

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Convent of Carmen

    It was built in the early eighteenth century on stone. The first inhabitants were the Barefoot Carmelite Order.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Church of St. Mary of Leroño

    Its construction is dated to the second half of the XII century. The ship retains the original windows as well as a side door discharge arc.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Church of San Peter of Herbogo

    It has a Latin cross plan. The present work began in 1715, building materials such as ancient remains were used, which were also possibly already used in the construction of the previous church. That is the case of a Roman altar and an inscription that is perhaps also from the same era, which can be seen from the […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Santiago Church

    It has a neoclassical style, although within its thick walls, we can find examples of other temples that were erected before. The temple built by Archbishop Gelmirez in 1133.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Saint Mary´s Church of Herbon

    This XII century building, was ordered to be built by Bishop Gelmírez, as shown on the left capital apse of the church.
    Although what attracts and cultivates the visitor the buildings overall height.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Saint John of Buxán

    The plan of the church is rectangular, nearly 23 meters long and 6 meters wide. According to tradition the neighbours say the old church was located on the site of the Grande Village.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    A Escravitude sanctuary

    This sanctuary began to build thanks to the bullock cart to the walker donated for this work, which was completed in 1886. We have to highlight the source that is under their impressive stairways, which tells a miraculous interesting story…

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Cross of Abelán

    Beautiful transept of chapel of the 17th. This architectural element has a thick column where stands a small chapel crowned by a Christ

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Cross of Fondo da Vila

    Donated by John Loreda in the fifteenth century, contained therein are allegorical representations such as skulls, tibias, salamanders and other animals, as well as the representation of St. John and the Apostle in the shaft.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Sorribas Stations of the Cross

    This Work of art was created in 1698 and features the twelve stations of the cross, a cavalry made up of three cross bearers, two of them thieves and the central one is a representation of Christ crucified. The monument is set amidst an extremely beautiful and natural landscape

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Saint Vincent church of Aguasantas

    The construction of the present building stems from a spring water fountain which has been said to have certain healing powers,it flows a few meters from the façade.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    The church of San Xián of Laíño

    Parish church from the 18th century. In its interior there are one main altarpiece and two laterals, one dedicated to the Divine Redeemer and the other to the Virgin of Sorrows.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Church of Santa María of Urdilde

    Empezó a construirse en 1711. Hasta esa fecha, la iglesia no estaba en este emplazamiento, si no más abajo, cerca de la aldea de Pumar. La nave es rectangular, con capillas laterales cubiertas con bóveda de arista la mayor y de cañón la del Cristo, la de la Concepción y la sacristía, mientras que la […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Lestrove Country Manor

    Building of the XVI century, ancient leisure time mansion of the Compostelan Archbishops.

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Faramello Manor

    The origin of this house is in a paper mill created by Xosé Gambino and Bartolomeu Piombino in 1710. It is importance to mention that the famous novel “The House of Troy” by Perez Lugín, first published in 1915 takes place in the Faramello.